On Tuesdays, January 13, 20, 27, from 6:30-7:30 pm we will be having Writers Workshops. These will happen at the site of Mar Vista meetings (3590 Grand View Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90066)
Some people will use this time to work on some of their step work. Others will use this time write down their personal stories or perhaps a meditation.
Discussion and sharing will be encouraged, as will independent and private contemplation.
These activities are obviously all very personal, but we'd love to consider everyone's stories and meditations for possible publication, be it in A New Leaf, in an upcoming MA Book of Stories, or in an MA Meditation Book.
These workshops are going to be a lot of fun. Please come on down.
- MAWS is currently developing a new campaign to raise awareness about MA. They are in need of promotional art directors with print, TV, outdoor, or digital conceptual experience. Please contact Karen S.
- District 6 needs volunteers for the annual New Years Eve party. Contact Jared to participate.
- 12/31/14 is the deadline to submit agenda items for the 2015 MAWS Conference.
- Sober Feast, a pot-less potluck, is December 9th at the Mar Vista meeting location.
- Wednesday Torrance meeting could use some support.
- Wed. Hollywood meeting is now "Dual Diagnosis/MA Participation" Meeting (Same time and place)
- H&I Panels need volunteers. Contact Scott H.
The following are meetings with special announcements.
View the full schedule. PDF is published less frequently than these online pages.
- SATURDAY MORNING: "Gay & Lesbian — ALL Are Welcome!" Meeting
- SUNDAY AFTERNOON: Hollywood's "Sisters of Sobriety" Meeting
- WEDNESDAY NIGHT: Hollywood's "Dual Diagnosis'" Meeting